White Wine Garlic Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and onion to pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender and lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes; serve over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture: 243 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2018
Great recipe! Simple, yet deliciou. I have made the sauce for pork tenderloin medalions also.
Feb 20, 2018
Made the recipe as is and it was great.
Sep 26, 2017
I made a version of this recipe tonight, substituting 3 ounce boneless pork chops for the chicken cutlets. It's pleasantly garlicky, and the slight sharpness of white wine balances with the sweetness of the sauteed onion.
Feb 16, 2017
Delicious! Used boneless pork chops this time, but can't wait to make it again with chicken.