Chicken with White Wine Sauce
My daughter calls this chicken dish with crunchy almonds my "favorite company recipe," because I love making it for friends coming to dinner for the first time. They've always been impressed! —Coky Humphreys, New Hartford, NY
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat; saute almonds until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip chicken in mixture to coat lightly. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; cook chicken, covered, until browned, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.