Garlic Clove Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried tarragon, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stuff onion in chicken; tie drumsticks together. Arrange garlic cloves around chicken. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over chicken and garlic.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 hours. Uncover; bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Feb 28, 2015
This was great. Take the time and use all the cloves of garlic.
Oct 2, 2013
I recently made this chicken & my hubby & I really enjoyed it. Nice change from the way I usually make alot of my chicken dishes.
May 31, 2010
Made this tonight - OH YUM!! This was FANTASTIC! I only had to sub the vermouth, as I didn't have any and used balsamic vinegar. It was delicious and I would absolutely make it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.