Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Freeze option: Cool chicken in sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 245 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 3, 2018
Very good recipe, and very quick to make. I used chicken breasts instead, and pressure cooker rather than slow cooker (to save time). I'll make this one again!
Nov 2, 2017
Excellent recipe. Will make again. May try with pork as well
May 5, 2016
This was great! I would not change a thing. An easy make ahead meal.
Nov 11, 2015
I thought this had a good flavor. I had to cook the chicken 6hours for them to be done although may have been because they were rather large. I thickened the sauce using a little cornstarch and cold water and served with rice. Unfortunately, hubby did not like this so I will not make again since it is just the two of us.
Mar 31, 2015
Followed the recipe exactly and my husband said it was good. Will make again.
Mar 6, 2015
Increadibly tasty, tender, and juicy!
Aug 6, 2014
This recipe has such a great taste to it and chicken is very tender! I do like to thicken the gravy a bit first with cornstarch and water before serving.
Mar 29, 2012
I make this recipe quite often. I use boneless chicken thighs instead of legs and it only takes a couple of hours to cook. Really yummy.
Mar 9, 2012
I have made this recipe several times, and my family loves it! The chicken is so tender and quite flavorful. I typically use boneless, skinless thighs when I make it.
Oct 20, 2011
I used Bragg's Amino Acid instead of soy sauce, it is not nearly as high in sodium and is certified non GMO.