Saucy BBQ Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Top with onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, orange juice and seasonings; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. If desired, serve with rice.
Freeze option: Place cooked chicken mixture in freezer containers. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 221 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Aug 21, 2017
This was DELICIOUS!! Will make it again for sure!!
Oct 5, 2016
Very tasty. Will try it over egg noodles next.
May 9, 2016
Tasty, but seemed like too much sauce for the amount of chicken.
Feb 25, 2016
Yum!! I literally threw these ingredients in the crock-pot in about 15 minutes. My son made the rice while I was on my way home from work. i paired it with the recommended Pinot Grigio and bourbon baked beans on the side. I am one happy camper right now.
Jan 4, 2014
Have to make this again!