Total TimePrep/Total Time:30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly coat both sides with flour; shake off excess.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In same pan, heat butter and drippings over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to pan; cook and stir until garlic begins to color, 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken and bacon to pan; heat through, turning chicken a few times to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast: 232 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2018
taste of home recipe
Dec 4, 2016
Really enjoyed this!! Even my picky 10 year old had a second helping. Did change anything at all.
Oct 9, 2016
This was great -- my husband couldn't stop raving about it. I used skinless bone-in chicken thighs and cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I also extended the cooking time, used the full amount of lemon juice, and chopped the garlic because I invariably burn the thin-sliced variation.