Chicken with Herbs
My family and friends always comment on the wonderful herb flavors in this chicken recipe. The herbs make great seasoning for the vegetables, too! —;Polly Lloyd, Burlington, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound red potatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a greased roasting pan. Combine water, bouillon, thyme, marjoram, and lemon-pepper; pour over chicken. Arrange potatoes, onions and carrots around chicken.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear, basting once. Let chicken stand 5-10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 566 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 52g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken in Best of Country Chicken
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.