Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 15 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water to cover in a 6-qt. stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain potatoes; return to pot. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese and butter. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, to allow flavors to blend, 2-3 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 341 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 16, 2017
I want to start out by saying, gram-9, just because you've seen a recipe several times doesn't mean the rest of the world has. Why make that comment under the review section anyways? I appreciated the recipe and made it last night. It was quite good but I bet leftovers will be even better tonight. Thanks Taste of Home!
Nov 14, 2017
I've seen these several times in different sites. PLEASE STOP FEATURING THEM!
Mar 24, 2015
These are the best tasting mashed potatoes! I prepared them the night before and then placed in my crock pot insert in the fridge. Then I simply added 1 hour to the slow cooker time. It was nice not to mess up the kitchen the day company was coming.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.