Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 15 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water to cover in a 6-qt. stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain potatoes; return to pot. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream cheese and butter. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, to allow flavors to blend, 2-3 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 341 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 22, 2018
This is my new favorite Mashed potato recipe. Wonderful flavor and creaminess. I followed the recipe except I did not add the cream - the potatoes would have been soup if I added it. I did not use the crockpot either. I put them in the warming draw of the stove which did the trick.
Nov 7, 2018
Dear gram-9, What's your problem? Just because you've seen this before, do you automatically think that everyone else has seen it also? Hmmm.....
Nov 7, 2018
gram-9 must be the clearinghouse for all recipes on the internet! LOL
Nov 7, 2018
These potatoes are fabulous -- not exactly diet food -- but great for special occasions. I like seeing recipe repeated every now and then as it reminds me to add it to my company menu!
Nov 16, 2017
I want to start out by saying, gram-9, just because you've seen a recipe several times doesn't mean the rest of the world has. Why make that comment under the review section anyways? I appreciated the recipe and made it last night. It was quite good but I bet leftovers will be even better tonight. Thanks Taste of Home!
Nov 14, 2017
I've seen these several times in different sites. PLEASE STOP FEATURING THEM!
Mar 24, 2015
These are the best tasting mashed potatoes! I prepared them the night before and then placed in my crock pot insert in the fridge. Then I simply added 1 hour to the slow cooker time. It was nice not to mess up the kitchen the day company was coming.