Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl; mash. Add the butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 311 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 959mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 28, 2016
These were good, but too garlicky (and that's coming from garlic lovers!). We might make them again with some modifications.
Dec 14, 2015
Very good and easy to make. Had all ingredients on hand. Everyone liked them. Will make again.
Nov 6, 2015
I've used seasoned salt in place of the regular salt and sometimes used Himalayan salt. The results are very tasty!
May 10, 2013
very tasty and creamy texture
Mar 16, 2013
This was actually my first experience making mashed potatoes, and I didn't want to start out making a mediocre dish. These were perfect. All of my friends loved them! This will now be my go to potato recipe :)
Feb 5, 2012
Best recipe ever! These were soooo good.
Dec 25, 2010
These turned out great! We made them for our Christmas dinner and it went wonderfully with the ham. We didn't put quite 15 garlic cloves (closer to 10) but you could still taste the flavor.
Dec 28, 2009
Very good and especially easy. I loved the garlic cooking directly with the potatoes in the pot. I used red skin potatoes, kept the skins on and added parsley for color. I great hit!
Nov 28, 2009
These came out perfect!