Creamy Tarragon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low until chicken juices run clear, 6-7 hours.
- Stir vegetables and cream into the slow cooker. Cover and cook until vegetables are heated through, about 15 minutes longer. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Serve with chicken and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup orzo mixture: 459 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 45g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 3, 2013
I added corn and cauliflower. Awesome meal. Chicken was a little dry but taste was there.
Mar 22, 2010
Creamy tarragon chicken is so good and so easy to make. It's a keeper and one my family asks for on a regular basis. It's going in my recipe box and we'll be making it many more times.
Jan 29, 2010
I added fresh mushrooms to the mix of vegetables. It was easy to fix and smelled heavenly while cooking.
Jul 19, 2009
I Love Tarragon !!!