Creamy Tarragon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir vegetables and cream into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are heated through. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Serve with chicken and vegetables.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1-1/3 cups orzo mixture equals 737 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 1,021 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 76 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 3, 2013
I added corn and cauliflower. Awesome meal. Chicken was a little dry but taste was there.
Mar 22, 2010
Creamy tarragon chicken is so good and so easy to make. It's a keeper and one my family asks for on a regular basis. It's going in my recipe box and we'll be making it many more times.
Jan 29, 2010
I added fresh mushrooms to the mix of vegetables. It was easy to fix and smelled heavenly while cooking.
Jul 19, 2009
I Love Tarragon !!!