Creamy Dijon Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- Minced fresh parsley
- Whisk together cream, mustard and brown sugar. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to even thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cream mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce: 295 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 19, 2018
Super easy and quick-many times when mustard is an ingredient you can barely taste it-made exact to recipe and I really enjoyed
Jun 13, 2018
I followed recipe with the exception of adding some minced garlic and a dash of Worcestershire, doubling the sauce as the writer recommended because I like sauciness. Very quick and easy to put together. Delicious!
Mar 31, 2017
I was looking for that "something different" chicken recipe. Found it! I didn't have cream on hand so used milk and sour cream instead. Took others advice and made extra sauce. Excellent results!
Mar 14, 2017
This recipe was easy enough to make but I did think it needed just a bit more flavor - so we added some minced garlic. I should have doubled the sauce! Very quick and tasty!
Feb 20, 2017
Tasty, moist chicken. Great!
Feb 12, 2017
Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly as written except I used more onion. There was plenty of sauce, but will double the amount next time.