Creamy Chicken and Thyme
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-12 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked yolk-free noodles, optional
- Place chicken breasts in a large nonstick skillet. Add 1/2 cup of broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining broth to skillet and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sour cream. Whisk into pan. Stir in the parsley, salt, dill weed, thyme, onion salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Place chicken breasts over hot cooked noodles if desired. Drizzle with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jan 13, 2015
I really liked this recipe. It came together pretty fast and my family really enjoyed it. I served it over noodles as suggested and with a side salad. Great, easy, tasty, weeknight meal.
Apr 3, 2012
This was quite good! I used regular chicken broth, which made it abit saltier so next time I will cut out the salt. The herbs were so flavourful and overall it was a very good healthy supper dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.