Creamy Chicken and Thyme
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- Place chicken breasts in a large nonstick skillet. Add 1/2 cup of broth. Cover and simmer until juices run clear, 10-12 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining broth to skillet and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sour cream. Whisk into pan. Stir in the parsley, salt, dill weed, thyme, onion salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. If desired, serve with hot cooked noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 167 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 22, 2019
This was incredibly easy to put together and tasted like a lot of work. I served with rice, as I had some that needed to be used, but highly recommend serving with noodles. Will definitely do that next time.
Feb 16, 2019
This was a really easy recipe. I saute one onion sliced thin and removed from the same pan that I made the rest of the recipe. I added the onions when I put the chicken back into the sauce. This is a keeper, as my husband said.
Jan 13, 2015
I really liked this recipe. It came together pretty fast and my family really enjoyed it. I served it over noodles as suggested and with a side salad. Great, easy, tasty, weeknight meal.
Apr 3, 2012
This was quite good! I used regular chicken broth, which made it abit saltier so next time I will cut out the salt. The herbs were so flavourful and overall it was a very good healthy supper dish.