Balsamic Chicken & Pears
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium unpeeled pears, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 8-10 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, stir together next five ingredients until blended. Pour into skillet; add pears and dried cherries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced rosemary.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce and 4 pear wedges: 335 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2018
Wonderful recipe, we enjoyed every bite.
Feb 18, 2018
My favorite combo balsamic vinegar and chicken. The pears and dried cranberries make an interesting flavor. I think good enough for casual company.
Mar 5, 2017
Great recipe! Made it for Valentine's Day and my wife loved it! The cooked pears are such a nice touch and add a sweet flavor along with the white balsamic vinegar sauce. Only change I made was I used a dried cranberry and almond mix. For a side I made a cumin rice pilaf which can also be found on this site. Definitely plan on making this one again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Jan 24, 2017
Excellent! I made some changes, based on the number of diners (2) and existing supplies (dried cranberries vs. cherries, skinless boneless thighs vs. breasts). A definite keeper.
Jan 2, 2017
Great recipe, loved the pears and cherries! I didnt have white balsamic but used regular balsamic.
Dec 9, 2016
I loved this recipe! So tasty with the pears and dried cherries! It was a little time consuming for a weeknight dinner, but worth the effort! My whole family enjoyed this delicious chicken recipe.
Nov 29, 2016
Easy and tasty!