Stovetop Tarragon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove from pan.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to same pan; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix soup, tarragon and lemon juice until blended; pour over vegetables. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Top with zucchini; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165° and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast with 1 cup vegetables: 345 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 15, 2018
Will not be making this again. The chicken was tough and the sauce was tasteless. I added spice to the sauce since others had commented that the sauce was bland, but even that did not help. This is not a keeper. Very disappointing. I'm glad I did not make this for guests, which I had considered doing.
Nov 14, 2017
This was a very tasty dish. I used 1 can of chicken soup and 1/4 cup milk. I also added extra paprika.
Jun 10, 2016
I made this tonight and we both really enjoyed it. The only change I made was to use regular cream of chicken soup, but followed the recipe for the rest of it. Easy to make and very tasty. I will make this again!
May 10, 2016
Didn't really care for this. Made exactly as instructed but probably won't make again.
Apr 26, 2016
My picky toddler didn't like it but my husband and I loved it.
Mar 1, 2016
The lemon juice really enhances the salt flavor and I use regular cream of chicken, asparagus or celery or both (usually two cans). I make this a lot and hubby loves it. It is easy and delicious. For those who think it bland, just as add salt and pepper. Easy.Thanks. : )
May 31, 2015
This is a really quick and easy dish. By itself its about a 3/5 or a 4/5, but if you serve it over garlic/bacon mashed potatoes it is awesome!
May 18, 2015
We really enjoyed this dish! I made one change though, I added a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese at the end and melted it for about 5 minutes.
Apr 12, 2015
This was very quick and easy to make and looked very pretty on the plate! The sauce was a bit bland for our tastes but that's an easy fix!
Apr 12, 2015
Although the chicken came out really good, the sauce (which is really just undiluted soup) was terrible. I will.not be making this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.