- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet tea
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour apple juice and water into a large shallow roasting pan. Mix seafood seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and pepper; rub over chicken. Place in roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170° to 175°, about 50-60 minutes. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Whisk barbecue sauce and sweet tea; brush some of mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack; grill over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 374 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Oct 8, 2017
Delicious! Chicken was flavorful and tender. Will definitely make again.
May 30, 2016
Great BBQ chicken. Slow baking the chicken first made it juicy and tender. Finished it off on the grill with a North Carolina sauce with the sweet tea. Wonderful Memorial Day dish!