Stovetop Orange-Glazed Chicken
I love a recipe that can put dinner on the table quickly, and not sacrifice flavor. This sweet and saucy dish does just that with ingredients you probably already have on hand! —Kallee Krong-Mccreery, Escondido, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For glaze, whisk together first four ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl; stir in marmalade. Microwave, covered, on high until thickened, 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-6 minutes per side. Top with glaze.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 314 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Orange-Mustard Glazed Chicken Breasts in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.