Broiled Fish with Tarragon Sauce
The delicate flavor of this fish pairs perfectly with the tangy sauce. A yummy hint of honey comes through. Serve it with crusty bread, mixed vegetables or rice to help soak up the sauce.—Robin Pratt, Athens, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds cod or red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- Place fish on a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the honey, wine, lemon juice, garlic salt and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in tarragon. Serve with fish.