Roasted Tater Rounds with Green Onions & Tarragon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 4 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- Olive oil, optional
- Preheat broiler. Place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl; spritz with cooking spray and toss to coat. Microwave, covered, on high 10-12 minutes or until almost tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Spread potatoes into greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Spritz with additional cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4-6 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking. In a small bowl, mix green onions, parsley and tarragon. Sprinkle over potatoes; toss to coat. If desired, drizzle with olive oil.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 185 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
So easy to make! We liked it. Simple as that!
Apr 29, 2017
Delicious will be making this often. Lorrine cooking spray is just oil usually canola oil that's in a spray can like bakers joy is but without the added flour. You can just as easily just use a little bit of canola oil or olive oil in your baking dish and just wipe it around you dish with your fingers or a paper towel if you don't have any cooking spray.
Jan 8, 2017
This recipe is easy to make and delicious. I halved the recipe and now wish I hadn't!!! The combo of the tarragon and green onion on top of slightly crunch potato rounds is very satisfying. I did use a little olive oil and it gave the dish a nice finish. Will definitely make this again...as in tomorrow!!!!
Dec 28, 2016
What exactly is cooking spray?
Oct 2, 2016
Absolutely love these potatoes. They have a very fresh taste to them from the green onions and the tarragon. Very easy to make too! Will be adding these as a side dish to my recipe box to make again.
Mar 1, 2016
I loved how the microwave step sped things up , but the broiling step made the texture nice. My green onions were pretty thick, so the amount of those seemed more than enough. I used dried tarragon, and it was fine. A keeper!
Feb 16, 2016
We really enjoyed these. I added olive oil before microwaving.
Feb 7, 2016
I cut recipe down to two servings and served these delicious potatoes with meatless chicken cutlets. Thank you, Aly, for sharing this recipe.
Jan 28, 2016
These were really good and pretty simple. I found that the olive oil drizzle is necessary to bring all the flavor together at the end and to keep them from tasting dry. I did use fresh tarragon but next time I may try dried.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.