Ravishing Radish Salad
Here is a recipe that showcases radishes in all their glory. The fresh, crunchy salad really complements grilled entrees. —Maggie Ruddy, Altoona, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 24 radishes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place radishes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Add the onions, fennel, basil and dill. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey and garlic. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 177 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Ravishing Radish Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.