Kale Slaw Spring Salad
- 5 cups chopped fresh kale
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pureed strawberries
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Combine kale and romaine. Add coleslaw mix, fennel, broccoli and red cabbage; sprinkle with feta cheese and sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
- 2. Stir together olive oil and sesame oil. Whisk in honey, vinegar and lemon juice. Add pureed strawberries. Whisk until combined. Dress salad just before serving; top with sliced strawberries.
1-1/3 cups: 192 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch.
May 19, 2018
I made this salad for a crowd last night and everyone loved it. The bowl was passed until it was empty. Definitely a salad to keep making!