Cabbage Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grape halves
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, apples, grapes and currants; cover and refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, sugar and salt; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir dressing and pecans into salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 228 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 8, 2017
This fresh salad taste and looks great!!
Nov 25, 2015
Wow! What a great salad! I did use mandarin oranges instead of fresh, but it was still great! Everyone kept asking for the recipe.
Dec 25, 2012
OOO, This was horrible. I followed the exact recipe. It was horrible, nobody wanted any. However, the recipe titled, 'Compnay Vegetables Casserole' went very fast, everyone loved it!
Mar 18, 2012
I made this for a potluck and it was devoured! Very easy to make.
May 5, 2011
This was AWESOME my husband loved it too YUMMMO
Mar 28, 2011
This salad was delicious. I substituted fresh blueberries for the currents and added 1 tsp. poppy seeds to the dressing. Yummy!