Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Avocado and Jalapeno
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large serving bowl, combine all the ingredients; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 237 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2015
The flavors work together nicely
Jul 25, 2013
I have taken this to the last two reunions we've had. I doubled the recipe and still didn't come home with any.
Oct 19, 2010
Made this as a side with some Chicken Enchiladas and the family devoured it all!!
Jun 16, 2010
Made this for a party - everyone loved it!
Jun 11, 2010
My family loves this recipe. We eat it with chips like a salsa!
May 24, 2010
Excellent! We aren't big on black-eyed peas, so I substituted black beans. I also added celery, mined garlic and kidney beans.
Mar 7, 2010
This was a great salad. I didn't have avocado& used dried cilantro, but it was delicious. I made in the morning and let it marinade in refrig until dinner. I'll definitely make again.
May 26, 2009
My family loves this. Great flavor for a summer salad.
May 13, 2009