Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Avocado and Jalapeno
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large serving bowl, combine all the ingredients; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 237 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein.
May 6, 2015
The flavors work together nicely
Jul 25, 2013
I have taken this to the last two reunions we've had. I doubled the recipe and still didn't come home with any.
Oct 19, 2010
Made this as a side with some Chicken Enchiladas and the family devoured it all!!
Jun 16, 2010
Made this for a party - everyone loved it!
Jun 11, 2010
My family loves this recipe. We eat it with chips like a salsa!
May 24, 2010
Excellent! We aren't big on black-eyed peas, so I substituted black beans. I also added celery, mined garlic and kidney beans.
Mar 7, 2010
This was a great salad. I didn't have avocado& used dried cilantro, but it was delicious. I made in the morning and let it marinade in refrig until dinner. I'll definitely make again.
May 26, 2009
My family loves this. Great flavor for a summer salad.
May 13, 2009