Tomato Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husks removed
- 3 large red tomatoes, sliced
- 3 large yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cob.
- Arrange tomato on large serving platter. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with avocado slices. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, basil and the remaining salt and pepper; drizzle half over the tomatoes and avocado. Top with grilled corn and feta; drizzle remaining dressing over top. Garnish with additional chopped basil.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 164 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2018
Great summertime fare and so colorful! Yellow and orange tomatoes are not easy to find however-- I was lucky at the store the day I made it. Love the dressing too!
Jun 16, 2018
i really loved this healthy and easy to make salad. I used cilantro instead of basil because it's what I had.