Tomato, Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husks removed
- 3 large red tomatoes, sliced
- 3 large yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut corn from cob.
- Arrange tomato slices on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with avocado slices. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, basil and remaining salt and pepper; drizzle half over the tomatoes and avocado. Top with grilled corn and feta; drizzle remaining dressing over top. Garnish with additional chopped basil.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 164 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Nov 17, 2018
Great summertime fare and so colorful! Yellow and orange tomatoes are not easy to find however-- I was lucky at the store the day I made it. Love the dressing too!
Jun 16, 2018
i really loved this healthy and easy to make salad. I used cilantro instead of basil because it's what I had.