Grilled Apple Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white or regular balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 large apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, whisk together first eight ingredients. In a bowl, toss apples with 1/4 cup dressing. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place apple slices on a grill rack over medium heat; reserve dressing left in bowl. Grill apples, covered, until tender and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with reserved marinade.
- To serve, toss greens with remaining dressing. Top with grilled apples, walnuts and cheese.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 341 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 16, 2019
This is a really different salad and so delicious - i did not use cilantro, not a fan but it is delicious
Oct 9, 2017
I used cider instead of OJ, sunflower seeds instead of walnuts. Omitted the cheese. Absolutely loved it. Next time will marinate some chicken too and grill it at the same time.
Apr 19, 2010
I wanted to try this recipe for a long time, but I held off worried that I would hate the bleu cheese. I haven't always been a fan of the bleu. But, it was perfect in this salad. I love the combination of the bleu cheese with the toasted walnuts, and those marinated apples were so good. Just try it!