Grilled Mango & Avocado Salad
Its so light, delicious, easy to make, and not to mention healthy! Mango and Avocado is simply the best combination you could ever make. A big hit with all my family and friends! —Amy Liesemeyer, Tucson, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium firm mangoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint, optional
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each mango. Standing mango upright, slice off a large section of flesh, cutting close to the pit. Rotate and repeat until all flesh is removed.
- Brush mangoes with canola oil; place on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk lime juice, olive oil, sesame seeds, salt and, if desired, cilantro and mint. Add mangoes, cucumbers and avocados; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 249 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Mango Avocado Salad in Grill It 2016 Bookazine