Mango Salad with Mint Yogurt Dressing
An abundant planter full of mint inspired me to create this summery salad. The flavors pair together so well, and really let the freshness of the mint shine. —Natalie Klein, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 medium mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium Gala apples, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl combine the mangoes and apples. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lime juice; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, ginger, salt and remaining lime juice. Stir into mango mixture. Sprinkle with mint and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 105 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Originally published as Mango Salad with Mint-Yogurt Dressing in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.