Southwestern Black Bean and Lettuce Salad with Salsa Verde Dressing
You won't even miss the meat in this satisfying salad chock-full of beans, veggies and mouthwatering Southwest flavor. —Heather Carroll, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 277 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 10g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Fresh Green Taco Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.