Grilled Seasoned Shrimp
A marinade using balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and Italian dressing boosts the flavor of these tender shrimp. Diane Harrison of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania serves the delightful bites chilled.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste, optional
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Coat a grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over indirect medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Cool; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.