Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, dressing mix and seasoning. Coat fillets with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture.
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 2, 2018
I used a yogurt Caesar dressing mixed into the panko which I spread onto the filets so I skipped the egg dip. Delicious!
Jan 31, 2017
Fish turned out moist and tender. However, I think I will try the other reviewers suggestion of drizzling with olive oil after breading.
Apr 9, 2015
The recipe was simple and easy to follow but for some reason my breading came off when turning the fish. Otherwise it was good.
Mar 1, 2014
Very, very tasty and flavorful. Fearing not thick enough, I double-coated one fillet but it was just too much breading; original recipe is correct amount. Flavorful and easy to make.
Mar 18, 2013
I made this for supper tonight just as written except I drizzled each filet with a scant teaspoon of olive oil after all the breading was on . They were delicious, restaurant quality and I will be making them again.
Feb 20, 2012
We all ate it but I thought it was dry.
Nov 20, 2011
This is a very easy and tasty recipe and I have used it on other types of fish too.
Feb 18, 2011
My Husband cooked this last night for dinner and it was fantastic. This would be a great dish to serve to company. Very elegant and tasty.