Cod has a soft, buttery appeal that goes with cilantro, onions and crunchy pine nuts. This is the easiest cod preparation I’ve found. —Lucy Lu Wang, Seattle, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts or sliced almonds
- Pat cod dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown fillets lightly on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in wine; cook until onion is lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes longer. Return cod to pan. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cod from pan. Stir cilantro and pine nuts into onion; serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/4 cup onion mixture: 378 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Seared Fresh Atlantic Cod w/ Cilantro, Caramelized Onions, and Pine Nuts in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016