Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound cod fillets
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and seasonings. Dip fillets in butter, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 274 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 3, 2019
I lightly salt and peppered the cod as well as added 1 T. Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. I also used fresh herbs...It was tasty and easy. Will try next summer on our Iowa pond blue gill and crappie.
Jan 8, 2018
My family loved this recipe! Made as directed, except I used panko crumbs instead of butter-flavored crackers. The fish came out moist and crispy on the outside. Easy to put together and a great way to bake fish. The oven does all the work!Volunteer Field Editor
Dec 6, 2014
I thought this recipe was a bit bland. Would try it again but maybe add some additional seasonings to it to give it a bit more flavor.
Sep 22, 2013
This was great! Best I've ever made!
Nov 2, 2012
Great flavor added to the fish with these herbs. My whole family loves it...even the fussy one!
Aug 12, 2012
Dec 15, 2011
This is a keeper. Flavorful and the right amount of crispness. I would use this for dinner a with guests.