Lemon-Parsley Baked Cod
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Mix parsley and lemon peel; sprinkle over fish.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 232 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2018
This had great flavors but the lemon butter coating didn’t end up crisping in any way, rather, it was more like a paste of which my husband and I weren’t fans. Enjoyed for the most part but probably won’t make again.
Jun 14, 2018
Made this for the first time and I was very impressed. Easy to make and so delicious!
Jun 1, 2018
Oustanding! Served with broiled asparagus and a watercress salad. Substituted seasoned breadcrumbs for flour and cooked the last four minutes under broiler to brown the breadcrumbs.
May 17, 2018
I made this for my dinner and it was excellent I must try this again
May 16, 2018
We loved this! Nice lemony flavor. I sprinkled a little additional smoked paprika on top. The fish baked beautifully and the butter and flour made a yummy sauce. I mistakenly added the lemon peel and parsley to the flour mixture, but it still came out great. Don't forget to drizzle the remaining butter mixture over the fish before baking. It makes the dish!Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 24, 2018
Good lemon flavor. I would prefer it to be crispier and would try Panko crumbs next time.
Mar 25, 2018
This fish has fantastic flavor and everyone loved it. Personally i wish the coating had at least some crispness. Will definitely make again
Mar 17, 2018
The flavours are decent however the mixture on the floured fish make it have a grainy texture. I think it would have been better to fry the cod up then top it with the sauce or not use any flour if you decide to bake it.
Feb 20, 2018
Very tasty recipe! I almost forgot to pour the rest of the butter/lemon juice mix over the fish before putting in the oven but it turns out that is an essential step to get the lemony flavor. At the end of baking, the butter and lemon juice had thickened up a bit from the flour coating on the fish and putting a little bit on top of the fish is what really made it delicious!!! Without it, only a 2 or 3 star recipe. I only used a pound of fish and I think for the amount of fish this recipe calls for I would increase butter and lemon juice by a tablespoon each. And if you want a crispy coating, maybe some panko and melted butter on the fish would crisp it up a bit.
Feb 16, 2018
Nice flavor and easy to make. have lemon juice at room temp.