Lemon-Parsley Baked Cod
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Mix parsley and lemon zest; sprinkle over fish.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 232 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 19, 2019
Complete mush. Never again.
Jan 7, 2019
Flavor of this fish recipe was great. I see what the other reviewers meant about the flour. It became a bit pasty when dipping the fish in. It does not appear to be a breaded, crunchy topping, just a means to have the flavor coat the fish, which is just fine with me. I will be making this one again.
Dec 15, 2018
Such a tasty and easy recipe! Had thyme in the cupboard so used that instead of parsley and it worked really well!
Jun 16, 2018
This had great flavors but the lemon butter coating didn’t end up crisping in any way, rather, it was more like a paste of which my husband and I weren’t fans. Enjoyed for the most part but probably won’t make again.
Jun 14, 2018
Made this for the first time and I was very impressed. Easy to make and so delicious!
Jun 1, 2018
Oustanding! Served with broiled asparagus and a watercress salad. Substituted seasoned breadcrumbs for flour and cooked the last four minutes under broiler to brown the breadcrumbs.
May 17, 2018
I made this for my dinner and it was excellent I must try this again
May 16, 2018
We loved this! Nice lemony flavor. I sprinkled a little additional smoked paprika on top. The fish baked beautifully and the butter and flour made a yummy sauce. I mistakenly added the lemon peel and parsley to the flour mixture, but it still came out great. Don't forget to drizzle the remaining butter mixture over the fish before baking. It makes the dish!Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 24, 2018
Good lemon flavor. I would prefer it to be crispier and would try Panko crumbs next time.
Mar 25, 2018
This fish has fantastic flavor and everyone loved it. Personally i wish the coating had at least some crispness. Will definitely make again