Baked Cod and Veggies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in oil until tender. Add the red pepper, mushrooms, garlic, allspice, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the olives, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons parsley. Spoon onto the center of a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.).
- Place cod over vegetables; sprinkle with remaining lemon juice and parsley. Fold foil over and fold in the edges twice, forming a pouch. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 232 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 11, 2017
This was terrible.
Jul 31, 2013
I'm not a huge fish fan, but we really enjoyed this! It's definitely a good intro to seafood.
Mar 8, 2012
Wonderful recipe we both loved it. I didn't have any fresh parsley so I used cilantro.
Sep 16, 2011
Delicious! Wouldn't change a thing.
Feb 26, 2009
I made this and thought it might be a little "boring" but it was actually so good that I will be making it again...and again. Thanks!