- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in oil until tender. Add the red pepper, mushrooms, garlic, allspice, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the olives, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons parsley. Spoon onto the center of a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.).
- Place cod over vegetables; sprinkle with remaining lemon juice and parsley. Fold foil over and fold in the edges twice, forming a pouch. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
1 serving: 232 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 5 very lean meat, 2 vegetable.