Baked Cod Piccata with Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into four pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; add water. Arrange cod over asparagus. Sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Dot with butter; sprinkle with capers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Apr 4, 2017
Had this recipe with a beautiful piece of cod loin. We greatly enjoyed the flavors. It was easy to make and cooked perfectly in the time allotted. I only had really skinny asparagus so I didn't roast them; instead, I made them following the TOH recipe for Spicy Asparagus. I served Roasted Greek potatoes with Feta which went perfectly (IMO) with the fish. Will repeat this dinner combo with the cod as the star of the show!!!
Jul 8, 2016
I had a lot of asparagus so I stuck it in the oven (with the water ) while the oven was pre heating. I also had a hard time finding salt free lemon pepper seasoning. I finally found it in the health food section of the store. It is a easy, fast good tasting recipe. You can hardly go wrong!
May 14, 2015
My favorite type of recipe--quick to put together and quick to cook. On top of that, it was very good! Will definitely make again.
Mar 5, 2015
Great, I love Chicken Piccata so why not Cod? If asparagus is out of season try broccoli.A definite keeper!!
Feb 3, 2013
I would make again. I'm not a great fan of fish, but this was pretty good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.