Baked Cod Piccata with Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into four pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; add water. Arrange cod over asparagus. Sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Dot with butter; sprinkle with capers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2018
Excellent! Taste is tart from the capers and tomatoes and balances nicely with the cod and asparagus.
Apr 4, 2017
Had this recipe with a beautiful piece of cod loin. We greatly enjoyed the flavors. It was easy to make and cooked perfectly in the time allotted. I only had really skinny asparagus so I didn't roast them; instead, I made them following the TOH recipe for Spicy Asparagus. I served Roasted Greek potatoes with Feta which went perfectly (IMO) with the fish. Will repeat this dinner combo with the cod as the star of the show!!!
Jul 8, 2016
I had a lot of asparagus so I stuck it in the oven (with the water ) while the oven was pre heating. I also had a hard time finding salt free lemon pepper seasoning. I finally found it in the health food section of the store. It is a easy, fast good tasting recipe. You can hardly go wrong!
May 14, 2015
My favorite type of recipe--quick to put together and quick to cook. On top of that, it was very good! Will definitely make again.
Mar 5, 2015
Great, I love Chicken Piccata so why not Cod? If asparagus is out of season try broccoli.A definite keeper!!
Feb 3, 2013
I would make again. I'm not a great fan of fish, but this was pretty good.