Cod and Asparagus Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each )
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cod and asparagus in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan brushed with oil. Add tomatoes, cut sides down. Brush fish with lemon juice; sprinkle with lemon zest. Sprinkle fish and vegetables with Romano cheese. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; preheat broiler. Broil cod mixture 3-4 in. from heat until vegetables are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 141 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Aug 26, 2019
Really easy and very taste. Thanks
Dec 12, 2018
I made with green beans,which was offered as a suggestion and gave them a little head start in the microwave and also seasoned with salt and pepper. Delicious and healthy, easy weeknight meal!
May 24, 2018
Fantastically easy! I love how fast it was, and so few ingredients. I ended up using tilapia, however, instead of cod, because my grocery was out of cod.
Apr 26, 2018
This meal was so easy and so healthy! It also had a lot of flavor. I would make it again. I made sure to thaw and drain my fish thoroughly before cooking. And, I baked my tomatoes first while I cut my asparagus so they would have more time in the oven. Yum! A keeper for me.