Artichoke Cod with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salad greens and lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle both sides of cod with salt and pepper; place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with artichoke mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. If desired, serve over greens with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/3 cup artichoke mixture: 231 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 17, 2019
This is really good! I'm not a huge fan of seafood, but I'm trying to incorporate more fish into our diet. My husband and I both loved it! I used an olive wood infused olive oil which gave it a nice, slightly smokey flavor. I also used sun dried tomatoes packed in oil because that's what I had on hand. It was fine. On the table in 30 minutes, start to finish. I served it with a salad. Delish!