Tomato & Artichoke Bruschetta
A healthy and refreshing appetizer, I enjoy bruschetta anytime of year. For serving guests, I like to slice the garlic instead of chopping it for both beauty and flavor infusion. This is also a simple make-ahead dish: You can mix it up, cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.—Gina Bergamino, Chanhassen, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 4 cups grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cheese, artichokes, green onions and pine nuts. Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper and salt; pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Top with tomato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 24 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Bella Artichoke Nutty Garlic Bruschetta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014