Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread baguette, sliced and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve on toasted baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2014
I give this a five star. Easy to do and tastes great! you can make it the day before and put it on the bread just before serving.
Jan 20, 2014
This bruschetta is fantastic. It was good the first day and the next; unfortunately it didn't last longer than that! I served it like a side salad instead of on bread, and it was very good that way. I did substitute yellow onion for the red onion, and used dried parsley instead of fresh because that is what I had on hand. A keeper!
Nov 27, 2010
Made this for my daughter and son-in-law, who recently went on their honeymoon cruise to Italy and Greece and they loved it!!!
Apr 13, 2009
This was so good, I ate the leftovers by the spoonful, almost like a salad. YUM!!