As a starter or light snack, this bruschetta is a wonderful way to savor the season with just a bite of fresh peach amid a medley of lively flavors. —Nikiko Masumoto, Del Ray, California
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-1/2 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus additional for brushing bread, divided
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 24 slices French bread baguette (3/8 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 small ripe peaches, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt
- For pesto, place walnuts and garlic in a small food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add arugula; process until blended. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For bruschetta, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and rosemary; cook until onion is softened, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with additional oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Rub garlic halves on both sides of toasts; discard garlic. Spread toasts with pesto. Top with onion mixture, peaches and cheese. If desired, sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve immediately.