Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets; brush with 1/4 cup oil. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining oil. Stir in tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon scant 1 tablespoon tomato mixture onto each slice of bread. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 98 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 30, 2014
Love love love we will do this again
Aug 23, 2012
Supper simple to make & tasted great. I had no leftovers :(
Jul 30, 2012
Delicious flavor from the balsamic vinegar and very simple to prepare.
Jun 30, 2012
Yummy! I didn't add the onion, and added abit more vinegar and salt, and served it on baguette with olives baked in it. So fresh and summery....
Sep 18, 2010
Jul 22, 2010
A great recipe: I added a little garlic butter to the bread, Yum - O_