Cilantro Tomato Bruschetta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets; brush with 1/4 cup oil. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining oil. Stir in tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon scant 1 tablespoon tomato mixture onto each slice of bread. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 98 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
May 30, 2014
Love love love we will do this again
Aug 23, 2012
Supper simple to make & tasted great. I had no leftovers :(
Jul 30, 2012
Delicious flavor from the balsamic vinegar and very simple to prepare.
Jun 30, 2012
Yummy! I didn't add the onion, and added abit more vinegar and salt, and served it on baguette with olives baked in it. So fresh and summery....
Sep 18, 2010
Jul 22, 2010
A great recipe: I added a little garlic butter to the bread, Yum - O_
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.