Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Spread baguette slices with butter; top each with a cheese slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 81 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 8, 2017
I toasted the bread in the oven, added the feta and baked it a few minutes then carried on as instructed. It was delicious. I will make this again. Janet. VFE
Apr 30, 2017
I used this bruschetta on top of homemade pizza. It was so fresh and light!
Mar 10, 2017
Really loved the flavour of this topping. Easy to make. I used small vine ripened tomatoes as that is what I had and did not deseed them. Used this when I made bruschetta topped chicken and spaghetti recipe from this site.
Jun 16, 2016
Yummy! Could eat this every day
May 15, 2016
Outstanding! Whipped it up at the last minute so served with garlic parmesan bagel chips that were on hand which was excellent, but can only imagine how yummy it would be with the mozzarella and French bread. Will definitely try that next time as well as on grilled chicken, etc. It's a keeper!
Oct 16, 2015
Excellent recipe! Lots of flavor. Made them for a bridal shower and everyone loved them! Several wanted the recipe! We love them!
Apr 18, 2015
Very good. Didn't butter bread. Forgot to buy basil, so used pesto and added a little more Parmesan cheese to pesto, then didn't add oil.
Aug 9, 2014
Flavors are excellent. The recipe indicated I could make the topping ahead of time; I was worried refrigerating the tomatoes would affect the texture, but the topping was excellent and I made it several hours in advance. My mistake was broiling the brushetta 15 minutes before my guests arrived - my bread was very soft by the time we ate it. Make sure to broil, then top, just before serving. Also, my husband came home with pre-sliced mozzerella and I think they were a little too thick - the edges of my bread burned before the cheese fully melted. All of this was user error and not the recipe, and I will make again,
Jul 31, 2014
Made this last night. Served over grilled chicken with melted mozzarella cheese on toasted hamburger buns. Yummy!
Dec 9, 2013
Best bruschetta I've eaten! We thought it was a little heavy on the garlic for our tastes, but that's easily adjustable. Will be making this one regularly!