Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moisten the linguine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 428 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 8, 2013
Delicious and quick
Apr 14, 2012
Very different & delicious!
Nov 8, 2011
This is really good, quick and easy. A few tips: I can never find broccoli rabe. All I can ever find is broccolini. Sometimes it's called "aspiration" ? I think the two vegetables are very similar. Also, my kids and I do not care for spicy foods, so I use 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper. Another thing...I think that 3 cloves of garlic is not enough. I use 4 fairly big cloves. Add salad, and Italian bread and you have a satisfying vegetarian meal.
Oct 28, 2010
I used the regular broccoli and added chicken for a little protein and my husband loved it. I doubled the amount of garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to give it a little kick.
Jul 5, 2010
Very light and tasty.
May 23, 2010
Nice side dish. I may try to use all broth & thicken next time for a creamy sauce like texture.
Apr 28, 2010
I used broccoli and all the other ingredients listed and it was really good. The next time I think I will add the shrimp as others have suggested and I may use some cornstarch to thicken the broth.
Apr 21, 2010
Even my picky eater kids cleaned their plate with dish.
Apr 19, 2010
I substituted spinach for the rabe. My husband and I both enjoyed it.
Mar 26, 2010
Broccoli rabe really only needs olive oil,garlic, rabe and pasta. Add ons red pepper flakes, black pepper. Try Italian sausage added as cooked. Toasted pine nuts would be another great add on. Chicken broth no way.