Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches broccoli (about 3 pounds), stems removed, cut into florets
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fill a 6-qt. stockpot two-thirds full with water; add salt and bring to a boil over high heat. In batches, add broccoli and cook 2-3 minutes or until broccoli turns bright green; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add oil to drippings; heat over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant (do not allow to brown). Add broccoli; cook until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 155 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 17, 2017
I have to give this 5 stars based on ease and taste. Very easy to put together and was devoured by all!
Feb 16, 2016
Great side. I didn't have red pepper flakes, but hard to go wrong with bacon and parm.
Apr 22, 2015
A bit spicy but my husband loved it!
Jan 21, 2014
i like this recipe...easy to make..taste good on top of pasta to...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.