Baked Pumpkin Goat Cheese Alfredo with Bacon
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) cellentani or spiral pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Add the next six ingredients. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring constantly, until reduced, 6-8 minutes. Add sage. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; gently stir into cream sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with bacon, goat cheese and Parmesan. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover pasta; bake until cheeses are melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 559 calories, 37g fat (20g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Dec 15, 2017
Thought this would be a good one since it was a contest winner. It sparked a lot of talk around our dinner table, but most of it was negative. Don’t think I would make again.
Nov 21, 2017
Made this minus the pumpkin. Pumpkin is in way too many things now. It's getting out of control.Anyways, added in some tomato paste in place of the pumpkin and got great results. Tasted fabulous, and the wife loves goat cheese.
Oct 8, 2017
Seriously great flavor! We loved this and will be making again. Great recipe. We loved the goat cheese and bacon flavors.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.