Pumpkin Alfredo with Chicken
I love pumpkin and my kids love pasta, so this pumpkin Alfredo recipe is a match made in heaven for us. Plus, it's an extra way to get some veggies into their diet. Use dairy-free or gluten-free ingredients if needed. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add to skillet; cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. In the same skillet used to cook chicken, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in cream, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg until combined.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; stir into sauce. Slice chicken; serve with pasta mixture. Sprinkle with bacon, parsley and if desired, additional Parmesan cheese.