Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- Dash pepper
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, sage, pepper and remaining salt.
- Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles (noodles will overlap slightly). Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 310 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2018
This is awesome! Perfect meal for Halloween!
Mar 14, 2018
I saw a lot of reviews saying it was dry, the sauce needed to be doubled, etc, etc. I just really wonder if they followed the recipe. Or did they use the wrong size baking dish? I made it exactly as written and it wasn't too dry (but not overly saucy either) and I didn't need extra sauce. I was careful not to oversauce the bottom layers so I had plenty left for the top. So maybe people didn't properly measure it out? I'm not sure, but we loved this recipe. It did need more salt, that was my only critique. Yum.
Jan 24, 2018
The flavor is good, but the lasagna is WAY too dry; you'll need at least twice as much sauce as called for, maybe more. It also needs more vegetable content. I did double the mushrooms, since I could already tell 8 ounces wouldn't be enough, but I should have added some spinach and butternut squash to make a heartier dish. I'll try this once more with some modifications, because it was tasty but didn't quite work for us as written.
Aug 28, 2017
I'm a huge pumpkin fan, so I loved this. I added some sage sausage to the mushrooms and used a little more mushrooms. So tasty!
Nov 24, 2016
I wanted something for Thanksgiving that was different so I decided to try this recipe. I can't say I'm a huge fan of pumpkin but I like it okay. This was super easy to put together and I have to tell you that every bite got better! I don't use half and half so I used Cinnamon creamer instead--I thought that might add to the recipe. Gotta say I was impressed with this!
Oct 30, 2016
Wonderful recipe. Great for fall! Very savory and satisfying!
Dec 7, 2015
This was actually very good. The pumpkin was not overwhelming. Would add more mushrooms next time.
Nov 5, 2015
What a Pleasing recipe . Its so nice to have a new Lasagna recipe to turn too. I down sized it to feed just Hubby and myself. Didn't change a thing. I did pre cook the noodles and I felt that the pumpkin puree was perfect for spreading. I even had enough left over to serve on the side. I did use more of all of the cheese's and also the mushroom mixture. Going to try to come up with a formula for switching out the Noodles for Shells * Perfect appetizer for the Holidays* Talk about Impressive *JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Oct 25, 2015
The best, always looking for pasta recipes without tomatoes. I have a family member allergic to tomatoes.
Sep 7, 2015
It's really tasty. I was surprised as to how good it tasted. I would use regular noodles, not no cook noodles.