Mushroom Zucchini Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1-1/4 pounds zucchini, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Finely dice 1/2 cup zucchini; set aside. Slice the remaining zucchini. In a large saucepan, saute the sliced zucchini, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, 3 tablespoons parsley, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, mozzarella, ricotta, cream cheese, grated Parmesan, onion powder and remaining parsley, salt and pepper. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, half of the cheese mixture and a third of the remaining sauce. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with diced zucchini and shredded Parmesan. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 263 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 12, 2014
Per my husband- the best lasagna you've made. Very yummy!
Apr 6, 2010
Easy & delicious- I made the sauce one day and assembled the lasagne the next da-
Mar 5, 2010
Sorry... I don't know what happened... I wanted to give this recipe 5 stars.
Mar 5, 2010
This is another one of my families favorites. I have changed this only a little bit. In place of three whole eggs, I only use egg whites and in place of the cream cheese I use 8oz of tofu. Served with a nice tossed salad and dinner is served.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.