Easy Zucchini Lasagna
No-cook noodles save prep time for this lasagna recipe. Since these lasagna noodles will expand during baking, avoid overlapping them. The noodles will touch the sides of dish upon baking.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jars (24 ounces, one 14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 carton shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, fennel and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the zucchini, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup Asiago cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and Asiago cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 485 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 8, 2017
In place of the lasagna noodles I used whole wheat rotini. I layered the pasta on just like you would lasagna noodles. It tasted great. And this recipe made a ton! I love the garlic flavor in it as well.