Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir the mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the parsley, prosciutto, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook 2 minutes longer. Add wine; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated. Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/3 cups sauce, and a scant 1/4 cup each of mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the cream, milk and remaining cheeses; spoon over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 230 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 26, 2012
Excellent!! This was delicious.
Dec 4, 2011
I used all button mushrooms and it was delicious. Served at a shower along with a regular meat lasagna and the mushroom one was completly gone and people looking for more.
Mar 22, 2011
Our vote was 4 stars everyone thought it was missing something we will try it again but were thinking fresh basil leaves or basil pasta dough. I made it using a regular fresh home made pasta and it came out fine.
Mar 8, 2011
Excellent recipe!! I will use more mushrooms next time but other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. My whole family loved it!
Feb 22, 2011
This recipe was fairly easy as far as lasagna goes and very, very tasty! I made three minor changes: used half & half instead of heavy cream because I had it, used the "no bake" noodles, and I added Progresso parmesan breadcrumbs over the last layer of cheese. When the baking time was over, I broiled the lasagna for a few minutes to brown the parm breadcrumbs. My family enjoyed the recipe except for my five year old who doesn't like mushrooms (at least not at this age). The leftovers were just as tasty the next day for lunch. I also liked that this recipe was fairly low in calories. I will definitely make this one again! Yum!!!!
Feb 6, 2011
My family loved this recipe. I did add a little more cheese then the recipe called for.
Feb 3, 2011
Love this recipe! My husband doesnt care for regular lasagna, but ate most of the dish! Will definitely make again.
Jan 29, 2011
A slice of Heaven!
Nov 5, 2010
I had to make a lasagna for a work potluck I was at a loss because I didnt want the same old thing, I tried this recipe and everyone loved it, My friends and coworkers are on a gluten free kick so i used gluten free lasagna noodles it was excellent
Apr 21, 2010
Loved this! I used chicken broth instead of wine and it seemed like it took forever for the liquid to evaporate, but it still turned out really good. Next time I would use more parsley and garlic. I also used more cheese and ham than the recipe called for.