Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and jalapenos in olive oil until tender and liquid is nearly evaporated. Add cilantro; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet; add one tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 cup mushroom mixture and another tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and mushroom mixture, adding more oil as needed. Serve with salsa and guacamole if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 594 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 10, 2011
Tasty! I made them ahead of time (during nap time LOL) refridgerated then just put them in the oven for @ 10 - 15 min at 350. Because of this I omited doing the quesadillas in the frying pan.